Tuesday, February 26, 2013

BACKDOOR NEIGHBOR....

Once upon a time when I was a townie and lived on Chandler Avenue, William Faulkner was my backdoor neighbor.  Our backyard backed up to the cemetery, and I was always intrigued by the late night visitors that frequented his grave site and poured whiskey on his grave.  I thought that this was something that my precious foreign exchange students needed to see (I am blessed to spend 6 hours a week with these cute, bright gals who are taking my early childhood reading course), so we stopped by today after class to have a little visit with
Mr. Faulkner.
“You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. ”
William Faulkner
Cheers to you, Mr. Faulkner! I might just have a whiskey drink in your honor tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment