Saturday, February 16, 2013

First Blog Post Ever: We Survived VDAY 2013


ROSES HAVE TAKEN OVER THE COOLER......
 

I love a holiday.... Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Fourth of July, Valentine's Day, what ever holiday it may be, I love to celebrate.  And today I am celebrating that the Oxford Floral Crew survived VDAY 2013.
 
It was quite a day....three lines ringing off the hook, flowers everywhere, frantic men trying to surprise their honey with flowers, candy, and gifts. I was fading fast on VDAY, so I snuck out unannounced in the middle of the day for a quick trip to the doctor.  I returned an hour later and felt really good thanks to a Decadron shot, antibiotic, breathing treatment, and cough syrup with codine. Yep, I was flying high!



JUST A FEW OF THE DELIVERIES TO BE MADE....
 

David and the Oxford Floral crew really amaze me.  Our team of delivery boys arrived bright and early at 6:00 A.M. to load up the vans for a day full of deliveries. They were going strong until 8:30 P. M.  The floral designers had pulled an all nighter in order to fill all of the orders. And again, they rose to the occassion and pulled it ALL off.




The lovely Elizabeth Heiskell arrived to peddle her yummy chocolate covered strawberries. They were a hit!
 

PERFECT COMBO: HEART PAINTINGS BY NICOLE LAMAR AND MARY ROSE YOUNG POTTERY
 
Some lucky sweethearts were treated to hearts and pottery.  Aren't the vivid colors just fabulous?
 
 
 
 
SHE FOUND HER PASSION
 

Not to brag or anything, but I have the most thoughtful honey in the entire world. Nothing like getting a special delivery!!  It sums me up perfectly... I have found my passion in life: teaching and being the hired help at Oxford Floral.
 
 
 
 
BUSTER CIRA 2003
 
And let's don't forget this handsome little fellow.  Buster came to live with us ten years ago on Valentine's Day.  He was the surprise of my life and has added much joy and laughter to the Naron household... along with some ruined furniture and stained carpet.
 
 
 
 
THE BEST TEACHERS TEACH FROM THE HEART
 
 
Of course I didn't want to forget my "BIG" college kids.... they needed a Valentine from their teacher, too! I love a happy, so I spread the love to them with a box of conversation hearts.
 
I hope that all of you had a lovely Valentine's Day!
 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment