Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SPRING CLEANING

Do you think that being OCD is hereditary, because I do!! I know that I developed it at a very early age from my mother, who got the gene passed down from her mother.  That being said, I thoroughly enjoy an organizing project, although it has taken me 3 years to get my side of the closet exactly the way that I want it! So this blog post is calling out my craziness of a regimented way of hanging things and organizing clothes, shoes, handbags, and accessories in my closet.  This is only MY side of the closet... David's side looks much different!
I wish that I had some before and after pics, but I only have the after pics.
So I am one of those who hangs things by similar colors... it makes it easy for me to find what I am looking for. The black and white photos hanging on the wall are of my grandparents.

I have become a huge fan of velvet hangers... they are a slim line hanger which allows for more clothes to be hung, and they are much snazzier than the plastic or wire hangers. It is the little things in life that makes me happy!

Since I am letting my craziness all hang out in this post, I must admit that I am a shoes and purse whore!!!


It does bother me a tad bit that my sneakers aren't lined up straight on the bottom shelf.

The top of my closet is very utilized as it is full of shoes, luggage, and travel bags. The plastic boxes are $1 shoe boxes from the Dollar Tree. I keep a small step ladder in my closet so I can always reach the top shelf.

  


Moving on to one of the most important things in life... handbags!! If you have a wall in your closet that is blank wall space, add some hooks to hang your handbags!


 Martha Stewart has wonderful organizing products for closets... of course she does! This Martha Stewart cube organizer is available at Home Depot. It is where I stash my t-shirts, running shorts, socks, pjs, and unmentionables! The colorful bowls are catch-alls for jewelry and loose change.


 My next project is to organize David's side of the closet, which will probably result in WWIII... the last time I cleaned out his closet I got in major trouble for trying to get rid of his Wallabes from college!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment