Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIVINE DINNER PARTY....

 
When I moved to Oxford 13 Ole Miss football seasons ago (yes, I count the years by football seasons), I never dreamed that I would have stayed in Oxford this long. But, I fell in love with the town, the University, and with David, so I now consider myself a local! Lots have happened in those 13 years.... undergrad and grad school, getting married, renovating a house, teaching, purchasing Oxford Floral, and now working for the University! All along I have wanted my mom here beside me!
 
 
 
Well, in August my wish was granted! Kathy moved here in August, and we have had so much fun together.  Last night, this lovely lady threw a dinner party in my mother's honor.
 
 
There is not a lady in Oxford that can set a table as pretty and unique at Bette Butler!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our first course was shrimp bisque....
 
 
And then we moved on to the main course....  salad, stuffed chicken, and vegetable lasagna....
 
 
And we finished it out with mini apple pie tarts and homemade ice cream, compliments of the talented pastry chef, Mason Parks.
 
 
 
 
And then there was a lot of talking and visiting!
 
 
And more talking and visiting!
 
 
 
 
I am so thankful for the 13 ladies who came to welcome my mom to Oxford, and I am forever grateful for the generosity and kindness of Bette Butler, Billie Jean and Maggie Giffin, Mable Bell, and Mason Parks. It was a divine dinner party indeed!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. so darling katie!!! love the post and blog!!!!
    -maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to know that your mom lives in Oxford with you. What a blessing! Give her our love. I'm enjoying catching up with you and your lovely family. You are so creative..

    ReplyDelete