Saturday, March 9, 2013

WORKING ON THE WEEKEND....

Since I have so much spare time on my hands, I have filled my life with 3 jobs- teaching college kids, dancing in and out of Oxford Floral, and as  a teacher consultant for the University of Mississippi Writing Project. Being a TC allows me to do lots of different things... facilitate Young Writers Camps in the summer, visit schools across North Mississippi to lead their professional development,  and work with the Mississippi Department of Education to plan Common Core implementation.  Since many of y'all give me grief for not staying in one place for too long, I want all of you to know that I am WORKING in ATLANTA this weekend while David is in Oxford being the hired help for a wedding.
 
 
 
 
So, what am I doing? I am here for some very interesting training through the National Writing Project. I even have a fancy folder and a snazzy name tag on. The University of Mississippi Writing Project  is one of 12 Writing Projects Sites across the country that is participating in a grant to assist 42 high need, rural school districts with a College Ready Writers Program.
 
This research study will reach a grand total of 
 90 schools, 400 teachers, and 18,000 students across the nation.  The U.S Department of Education's Investing in Innovation (i3) program will be funding this  4 year research study, and yours truly will be the liaison and data collector between the schools involved in the North Mississippi and the U of M Writing Project. I know y'all must be thinking "Katie, a data collector?" especially if you knew what I made on the math section of the ACT. But not to worry, I am just the data collector and  the cheerleader for the research study, not actually doing the analyzing of the data. I can't wait to share with you the results of the research study in 4 years... that is if I haven't totally bored you yet and you are still reading the "News of the Narons".
 
Notes from the day were taken in this handy notebooks.
 
 
 
Do yourself a favor and check out the website for this great paper line....
 
 
I heart her planners, notebooks, and notepads.... Totally worth the splurge!
 
 
 
But don't worry, all work and no play makes Katie a dull girl, so I am headed here after my training this afternoon.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you have a blog! A fun way to keep up. Miss you! xo.

    ReplyDelete