Friday, March 1, 2013

LADIES WHO LUNCH...

For seven years, I had lunch in "The Valley" among 4th graders who had no table manners, could not open their own milk, who threw food across the table, and ate their Jello face down with no spoon.  One day I even thought that I was a superhero and jumped across a cafeteria table in heels and a dress, mind you, just to break up a fight.  Needless to say, I am glad to enter the adult world and occasionally go to lunch with my girlfriends and have adult conversation. Today I pretended to be a lady who lunches....
 
 
 
 
And we lunched for almost three hours at City Grocery!  I mean, where else can you go and sit among Sam Haskell and his production crew (more to come on that later...), Charlie Mars, and Ron Shapiro?  Elizabeth, Margaret Blake, Liz and I did some serious lip flapping,laughing, and people watching at the Grocery today, among stuffing our face with yummy food!


The new lunch menu...
 
 


Every lady who lunches needs to start with one of these...
 
 
And move on to the Persimmon Waldorf Salad with apple, persimmon, walnut, lemon, yogurt, dried back mission fig, and bib lettuce in it.
 
 
 
And for the entree, splurge and go with the famous Shrimp and Grits...
 
 
And then round it all out by splitting lots of chocolate goodness with your friends.
 
 
Happy Friday, folks! Just a reminder that it is sometimes nice to splurge and be a lady who lunches!



No comments:

Post a Comment